Happy Holidays from your friends at Sydney Technology Solutions! With the flurry of holiday preparations, family visitations, and summertime activities it can doubtlessly become a stressful time so here are some amusing holiday morsels for you to enjoy:
- Three people in Britain die each year testing 9v batteries on their tongue
- 271 people were admitted to hospitals last holiday season after attempting to open beer bottles with their teeth
- If you were to receive all of the gifts from the 12 days of Christmas, you would have 364 presents
- Over the 12 days of Christmas the average person will have 137 servings of alcohol, 4-5 times the recommended amount
- US scientists calculated that Santa would have to visit 822 homes a second to deliver all the world’s presents on Christmas Eve, traveling at 650 miles a second. At these speeds, friction would cause the traveling mass of reindeer and sleigh would burst into flames
Gadgets are some of the most popular gifts to give during the holidays, but when browsing for a great present it’s important to choose wisely, and relevantly. Don’t get caught buying one of these Bad Tech Gifts for someone. Instead look over ZDnet’s 2011 Gift Guide for a cool tech gift idea.
2011 has been a tremendously volatile year in the IT world, and more big innovations are coming for 2012 as well. Here at STS, we are developing some exciting new solutions and anticipate some great new offerings. So watch this space!
With temperatures on the rise, it is important to safeguard your data systems against the dangers of overheating. You need to ensure that the location of your IT infrastructure maintains a consistent cool temperature throughout the summer months. Server hardware has built in sensors and safety protocols that trigger a forced shutdown if overheating occurs. This prevents damage, but often results in issues when rebooting the machine. A good prevention measure would be to leave air conditioning and cooling systems on overnight and throughout the holiday season.
Our recent Facebook contest response has been tremendous, its fantastic to see such support. We are happy to announce that Robert Simonetto from Casaview Homes has won the grand prize, a brand new PS3. Stayed tuned for other exciting social media events. If you haven’t been to see our Facebook page yet, then feel free to check it out. www.facebook.com/sydneytech
Throughout the year, we at Sydney Technology Solutions (STS) take pride in providing our clients with high quality service and support. During the Holiday Season, the STS Technical team remains on-call for business critical technical issues. All responses will be in accordance with your Service Level Agreement (SLA).
The STS technical team holiday coverage schedule is as follows:
• 12pm Friday 23rd December 2011 till to 8.44am Tuesday 3rd January 2012 – Business Critical (eg: server down) ‘On-Call’ operations
• 8.45am Tuesday 3rd January 2012 to 8.44am Monday 9th January 2012 – Reduced Staffing
Business as Usual operations will resume 8.45am Monday 9th January 2012.
During the holiday period we request all support requests to be lodged as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Web: https://connect.sydneytech.com.au/support (requires login – if you do not know your login please contact our support team for your credentials)
Phone: 02 8212 4722 (please leave a message including a contact number & a member of our team will contact you)
Please ensure that all business critical requests are marked ‘Business Critical’ in the subject field.
For those who haven’t done so, please don’t forget to update your emergency contact processes and information with us.
We thank you for your patronage during the past year and take this opportunity of wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Bright and Prosperous New Year.
Chief Executive Officer
Sydney Technology Solutions