Sydney Outsourced IT Services Blog
QuickSteps allows you to apply multiple actions at the same time to email messages to quickly manage your mailboxes.
If you perform tasks often, you can set up QuickSteps to do them in just one click. And you can create customized workflows to chain a number of actions together.
This will save you so much time, you’ll wonder why you never used it before! Here’s how it works:
- Open the QuickSteps Panel. If you don’t see it, click the Home tab and you’ll see it in the middle of the top ribbon.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the Panel. You’ll see that Outlook has created default QuickSteps that you can customize easily.
- Or you can create your own custom QuickSteps. Go to the drop-down menu at the bottom of the window.
- In the next window customize your QuickStep’s Name and Actions (such as “Move to a folder, “Delete message,” or other option).
- You can also use QuickSteps to automatically create a new Outlook Calendar event.
- Then it’s as simple as clicking the “Add Action” tab.
- You can create an additional action to link to this one if you wish (such as sending a message on to someone else, or another of your email addresses).
- You can even add a Keyboard Shortcut for your actions so you don’t have to use your mouse.
- Add a Tooltip text at the bottom of the window. This is where you describe the actions you’ve set in, case you forget what they stand for.
- Hit “Finish” and you’re almost done with your first QuickStep. When you do, Outlook will take you back to the Manage Quick Steps Window where you can see an overview of the actions you’ve set.
It’s always best to test your new QuickSteps to ensure they perform as you intend.
- Simply go to your Inbox and click your keyboard shortcut, or the icon in the top ribbon to see if Outlook performs as you wish.
That’s it! Isn’t this helpful?
To find out more about how STS can help your business take advantage of the latest technology, please visit our website: www.sydneytech.com.au