Sydney Outsourced IT Services Blog
Did you know that you can dramatically speed up your document creation easily with Microsoft Word Macros?
Open a new blank document.
- Go to: View>Macros>Record Macro
- You’ll see a simple window where you can record the name of your macro and assign a button or hotkey so you can quickly access it later. Type a name for your Macro.
- Next, customize your button. Click on Modify to select a custom icon.
- Click OK
- Type in the text for the name of your Macro.
- Then under the top bar select Macro and Stop Recording.
- Now test your macro!
- There will now be an icon in the Quick Access Bar at the top of your screen that you can click and text will automatically be entered in your document, without having to type anything! Easy, right?
Once you get comfortable creating Macros, there’s an endless number of things you can start automating besides basic text. This will save you a lot of time and effort!
To learn more about Microsoft Word Macros, or to find about how STS can help your business take advantage of the latest technology, please visit our website: www.sydneytech.com.au