Sydney Outsourced IT Services Blog
Microsoft Teams Quick Tips for Businesses in Sydney
If you and your team are already using Microsoft Teams, you already know the power it holds as a corporate chat application. It helps you manage your teams effectively to enhance their productivity. The following tips and tricks can go a long way in helping you make the most out of the platform.
1. Meeting Reports
After a meeting with your team, you probably want to check the attendance list for one reason or another. Microsoft Teams allow you to do this with ease. You can find the report in various places, with the names of attendees and the time they joined.
- An Attendance Report tile will pop into the chat a few minutes after you end the meeting. Click on the tab to download the report as a .CSV file that opens in Excel.
- Go to Calendar in Teams and open the specific meeting whose attendance list you want. Look for the Details tab and scroll to the Attendance Report tile to download the report.
Take note that the report doesn’t list attendees that were on a view-only mode during the meeting.
2. Essential Keyboard Shortcuts
With keyboard shortcuts, you can command more in less time. They help you to find what you need in Microsoft Teams quickly. When you press CTRL +, it will show you a list of all the keyboard shortcuts. Some that come in handy are:
- Ctrl + Shift + A to accept video call
- Ctrl + Shift + M to toggle mute
- Ctrl + Shift + O to toggle video
- Use the R button on your keyboard to reply to a chat in the Teams app
3. The Menu Button
Don’t waste time trying to find options when on Microsoft Teams. The Menu button is enriched with most of the things that you need to find. Click on it to find options for:
- Turning off incoming video
- Session recording
- Meeting notes
- Device settings like configuring the mic