If you are someone who bought an iPhone or iPad a couple years ago, chances are, it’s either getting a little sluggish, or you’ve stopped using it because it got a lot sluggish.
We all like to get the most out of our money, and with the price of Apple products, we figure you’d love to hear a little trick that will give you an extra year or so of (not-so-sluggish) life from your hardware.
When you take a look around on the internet for tips to make your iPhone or iPad faster, there is (of course) a ton that just don’t work, and some may even cost you. The trick we are going to give you has been tested and proven, and won’t cost you anything but a bit of time – so don’t waste it on those other “fixes”!
The simple solution? Wipe the device and reload it from a backup.
Easy-peasy. Here are some extra tips, though, to ensure it all goes smoothly:
- Make sure you actually have a backup. You can create a backup via iCloud or iTunes to avoid reloading everything you have manually.
- The longer it has been since your device has been wiped, the more you will get out of this trick.
The actual process goes like this:
- Once you have a backup ready, make your first step familiarizing yourself with the process so you know what to expect and can run through it quick and efficiently.
- Now that you have a backup and know what you are doing, it is time to begin. Wipe your device (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, and from here, you will be guided through the wiping process).
- Take a step back and let your device do it’s thing (which shouldn’t take to long).
- You are now ready to recover your information from a backup.
If you have a little more time on your hands and are feeling brave, another thing you can do after wiping the device is re-set it up as a new device. However, this means you have to load all your apps and data into it manually, such as (but definitely not limited to):
- bluetooth pairings
Not only is this a good idea for old iPads and iPhones that need a boost, but a lot of people tend to do this when new hardware or software comes out as well.
Wiping your iPhone/iPad is probably the best solution for slow devices because it doesn’t matter if you’re “techy” or not. This is a very simple fix! Need help? Contact us at (02) 8212 4722 or send us an email at [email protected] for more information.