After so much speculation, we were glad to hear that Windows 8 is finally scheduled to hit the market within the next year. According to all the product demos we have seen, it appears that the next generation of Windows is equipped with new user interface that is going to sweep us off our feet, as seen in Windows’ demonstration of the upcoming version at the D9 conference.
Windows 8 basically revolves around touch-centric hardware although it will still work equally well with a mouse and a keyboard. The new interface also has several other aspects that we think are absolutely amazing. Check this out:
- A tile-based Start screen with a customizable, scalable full screen view of fast launching apps.
- Live tiles with notifications to give you up-to-date information from your apps.
- Fast, fluid and natural switching between running apps.
- Apps can be snapped and resized to the side of the screen. Could multitasking with Windows get any better?
- Hardware accelerated Internet Explorer 10 that gives you fully touch-optimized browsing.
And it does not end here! The demo also showed effortless movement between existing Windows programs and new Windows 8 apps.
The new reimagined interface is also expected to fuel a whole new generation of apps. Apps in Windows 8 itself can use a broad set of new libraries and controls that enable fluid interaction and seamless connectivity. This entirely new user experience is not limited to just touch PCs. We are also going to see the user interface and new apps working with or without a keyboard or a mouse on all kinds of screen sizes and pixel densities. The product is just being prepared for early testing though which means we will have to wait for a while to experience this brand new interface.
As soon as we get a chance, your Sydney Microsoft Partner will be testing Windows 8 in our own test labs. We want to make sure we can figure everything out throughout the beta process so when it is available through our PC partners, we are properly prepared. We are your Sydney Microsoft partner and want to ensure you have an IT firm you can trust with all your business technology needs.