Proactive Technology Infrastructure Management for Business
For many businesses, their network has become their primary method of communicating with their customers, vendors and employees. As a result, it is crucial to ensure that the network infrastructure is always available and operating at peak efficiency. If any critical device on the network suffers an outage, the downtime results in lost
productivity for the entire organisation.
The ability to predict, quickly identify and resolve problems in the network infrastructure is the cornerstone to maintaining peak performance. Implementing technology management systems aimed at achieving optimum performance can be a costly and cumbersome task that is generally reserved for large companies.
Sydney Technology Solutions’ Remote Management Services are a new level of IT support that improve the reliability and performance of our clients’ business technology by continuously monitoring and proactively managing their systems. These services also enable Sydney Technology Solutions to more rapidly resolve unforeseen technology issues and produce meaningful activity reports that help our clients quantify the business value of their technology investments and improvements.
- An intuitive tool for remote monitoring of key network elements such a routers,firewalls and servers.
- Real time reporting of network and device status with instant notifi cation when service indicators reach a warning or critical state.
- The capability for predictive analysis so potential issues are identifi ed and eliminated before they become serious problems.
- Historical and trend reports to help identify areas of future concern and to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Secure remote access to the server or computer to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve the technical issue.
At Sydney Technology Solutions we believe that every remote management service should include five key components:
Remote Management Services
Sydney Technology Solutions’ Remote Management Services consist of three related components: Remote Server Support, Remote Desktop Support and Remote Network Monitoring. This family of services improves a client’s network and server reliability by maximising uptime. Our seasoned consultants analyse performance and trend reports to ensure a client’s IT infrastructure is reliable and optimised. When coupled with Sydney Technology Solutions’ Care, Remote Management Services deliver a comprehensive,proactive IT management solution freeing clients to focus on their core competencies so they can achieve greater productivity.
Remote Desktop Support
Sydney Technology Solutions’ Remote Desktop Support assists clients in two ways. First, Sydney Technology Solutions can remotely support desktop or laptop users immediately and at any time of day, minimising downtime and lost productivity. Second, we can assist a client’s distributed workforce in an effective and efficient manner, whether they are mobile users, frequent travellers or remote office workers. With a browser and an Internet connection, Sydney Technology Solutions can support users wherever they are located.
The service provides:
- Secure login and access to the remote desktop or laptop computer.
- Remote control and full access to the computer to diagnose, install updates if necessary and remedy the problem as if the Sydney Technology Solutions’ consultant is sitting in front of the computer.
Remote Server Support
Remote Server Support delivers maximum server uptime through secure and immediate server access when a potential problem arises. This service enables a Sydney Technology Solutions’ consultant to securely log into the server, pinpoint the problem and resolve it remotely. Clients receive convenient and fast response because Remote Server Support can be done 24 x 7. Secure Remote without client intervention or disruption.
Server Support can be achieved through a variety of technologies including:
- Windows Terminal Services
- Remote Desktop
Remote Network Monitoring
Remote Network Monitoring allows Sydney Technology Solutions to anticipate and quickly resolve network issues before they become major problems for the client. The 24 x 7 proactive network monitoring gives clients peace of mind that key components of the network infrastructure are operating reliably. Sydney Technology Solutions will identify and suggest key network elements to be monitored such as Internet connectivity, firewalls, mail, web and file servers. Once identified, a Sydney Technology Solutions consultant will set up and configure thresholds for each device in the intuitive dashboard that provides at-a-glance status of all the network elements being monitored. If a monitored device or element reaches a threshold, a notification is triggered by the system. Based on the notification rules, a Sydney Technology Solutions consultant will verify the alarm and begin to remotely diagnose and resolve the issue. If the issue is severe enough based on the notification rules, the client is notified that an alarm has been activated and problem diagnosis has begun.
The service includes:
- Connectivity monitoring of most industry standard network protocols such as HTTP, DNS, POP3, IMAP, SMTP,SSH, generic TCP and more.
- Device specific agents that monitor CPU activity, disk and memory utilisation,process execution, batch log, appended log and Windows event log monitoring.
- Secure, real time status reports with notification and multiple levels of escalation when a device reaches a warning or failure state.
- Access to historical and trend information for capacity planning and future budgeting decisions.
Sydney Technology Solutions’ Remote Network Monitoring provides clients with enterprise level monitoring capabilities at a fraction of the cost.