The Help Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Experience with MSP Tools such as Labtech & / or Connectwise are highly desirable but not essential
About Sydney Technology Solutions
“Effective use of technology to achieve our clients’ business objectives” – Your leader amongst Sydney IT Companies.
Sydney Technology Solutions is all about bringing together the knowledge and attributes of a range of business and technology disciplines to ensure that, as a complete business, you get what you need, when you need it and for the most effective investment possible. We are your IT solutions organization in Sydney.
Sydney Technology Solutions is about enabling businesses to achieve their desired business goals based on the best IT solutions that fit their business and IT model. The founders of Sydney Technology Solutions saw a lack of IT knowledge, skill, know how and desire to fulfil the actual needs of business. It is for this reason Sydney Technology Solutions was born. Founded in 1999 our firm has strived to be a “SUPERIOR” service provider. Therefore, we started offering Sydney IT support services.