Tech Tuesday: Inside Technology With STS
Flow is an automated workflow program in Office 365. It allows you to leverage the data that already generated, and link it with multiple programs using a series of automatic actions.
Microsoft just updated Flow with new features and deeper integrations with products like SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Teams, and OneDrive for Business.
- A simple email can trigger an entire series of events, not just in Outlook, but in Excel, One Drive, Dynamics and SharePoint.
- Trigger a workflow right from inside SharePoint.
- Use the new Flow bot inside of Teams.
- And much more.
There are so many programs and actions you can plug into Flow, it’s not possible to share them all in this article. But, here’s a quick demo to give you an idea how it works:
- Login to Microsoft Flow with your Office 365 account at flow.Microsoft.com
- Here you’ll see some information about Flow that’s very helpful.
- Select one of the pre-built templates from “Templates” in the top ribbon.
- Select the first template “Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business.
- Simply fill in the steps provided and click “Create Flow.”
Microsoft Partners have connectors to Flow to support their services. Adobe, Twitter and Mail Chimp have already done this, and Microsoft expects that others will do the same.